A scull designed to give CONFIDENCE
and COMPETENCE on the water, FAST.
RACE1 Australia is proud to introduce you to a NEW type of scull design. A shell designed specifically for nurturing scullers from those first nervous strokes through to confident, relaxed oarsmen and women.
RACE1 Australia delivers a world first:
a stable, self-draining, unbreakable sculling shell
Stability: The new RACE1 Wave Cutter is hand-made to a Race1 boat shape, giving it excellent stability for skills development. But the self-draining cockpit and it’s revolutionary construction are what makes it a world first.
Self-draining: Thanks to a patent-pending design, the Wave Cutter features a revolutionary self-draining cockpit for all-weather rowing. Yet the seating position is conventional.
Durable hull: It has an unbreakable hull made of the toughest material ever used in scull manufacture. Yet it is lightweight and maneuverable.
Here’s how choosing a RACE1 Wave Cutter will help your foundation programme succeed:
- Novice scullers gain confidence in boat handling, and feel more secure on the water
- They develop blade-technique & balance faster than traditional sculls due to the boat’s stable hull shape.
- They will glide through wash and waves thanks to the self-draining cockpit!
- The unbreakable hull will not crack or break when dropped or bashed on riggers or trestles
- Your training can safely continue in a wider range of weather and water conditions
- You can easily stack and move the Wave Cutter around in sheds, tinnies and trailers
- Your FLEET BUDGET will stretch much further. With a 20+ year lifespan and hull repairs eliminated, you can invest the savings in race-winning equipment for your senior crews
The 100% Australian-made hull of the Wave Cutter is hand crafted in Australia from high-density polyethelyne, a type of plastic used in medical applications due to its superior resistance to wear and impact.
Technical breakthrough: Our engineers have found a way to use ultrasound to measure and control hull thickness to within fractions of a centimetre. This allows us to create an unbreakable RACE1 shell with the low weight of more fragile traditional hull materials.
For novice and intermediate rowers, the Wave Cutter will provide a competitive platform for competition. The increased stability of a Wave Cutter means most novices are able to row faster - with greater ease, confidence and enjoyment.
We believe this boat will become the benchmark for foundation training in Australia and beyond.
Why not book a test row today and experience the design breakthrough for yourself?
Naturally the Wave Cutter comes with the RACE1 Triple Warranty (see our website for details).
Fleet purchase discounts apply – please enquire for more information.
If you are still on the fence, have a look at our demonstration videos showing the boat’s performance characteristics on the water - and our famous RACE1 ‘DROP TEST’.
- Overall length (OAL) 5950mm
- Width (widest) 650mm
- Weight (unrigged) 19kg
- Seats (roller bearing or double action)
- Riggers (quick release)
- Trolleys for easy transport
- Nose cone (carbon fibre)
- Storage systems